Come and join us!
Have a look though the job description below and if it sounds like we need you, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind we are a growing company, so if this role doesn’t suits your strengths, don’t be deterred; we’ll be adding new positions so keep checking back! You can also send in your CV to us to keep on file until something comes up!
Position: Account Manager
Reports to: Global Head of Sales
The role will include day-to-day account management. You will be responsible for achieving revenue based sales quotas, as well as nurturing existing business to retain and grow recurring revenue streams, through attentive and professional management of a list of global customer accounts. This will involve identifying and qualifying opportunities with existing customers, negotiating contract renewals and upgrades, and collaborating with the engineering team and other colleagues, to provide pricing and bespoke network solutions to take deals through to close.
Focus will be on wholesale customers, ranging from small local networks too much larger global businesses. You should be comfortable making multiple phone calls per day, conducting yourself immaculately in meetings, as well as crafting intelligent and appropriate emails and proposals that engage with customers and either retain or close further business.
This role is based in a fast paced environment, so you will need to actively understand your customers needs and be able to effectively sell or re-negotiate solutions accordingly and in keeping with market value and trends.
The ideal candidate will be confident in developing new business, as well as being proactive to manage and develop accounts, and essentially enthusiastic and driven to further their careers.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage entire sales process from identification to close, including accurate pipeline forecasting and achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Consistent and highly responsive communication with customers and prospects
- Gathering of critical and appropriate information to build bespoke solutions and pricing for customers
- Create and follow up all quotes and telephone contact to try and determine customer’s position and to negotiate where possible to win business or retain contracts
- Consistent and accurate client and sales data management
- Proficient reporting on progress with key accounts and prospects
Your key competencies, experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level
- 2+ years of direct sales experience in an international wholesale data sales environment – ideally having extensive knowledge in global Point-to-Point/Multipoint Layer 2 Ethernet, MPLS, DWDM, peering, BGP transit, colocation, cloud content services
- Extensive experience selling into data centres, ISPs and carrier customers
- Demonstrable evidence of hitting sales quotas in previous sales roles
- Proficiency with Sales Force, CRMs, Marketing Automation tools, Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Google Apps and other cloud platforms desirable.
- Ability to fully understand customer needs and requirements
- Well organised with the ability to work autonomously and manage multiple priorities
- Articulate with impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Professional and client facing
- Good influencing and negotiation skills, with experience of contract/legal negotiations a bonus
- Ability to forge long-term relationships with the vendor teams
- Intelligent, self motivated, charismatic, confident and resourceful
- Interested in building a sales career, specifically within a technical/telecoms field
- Highly competitive and financially driven
- Proficient reporting skills and demonstrable ability to learn quickly
- Passion to succeed and drive sales
- Flexibility to work across time-zones