SUPERNAP Italia is SUPERNAP International’s first European presence; their US presence being under the Switch brand.
The SUPERNAP Italia data centre is built in Siziano (Pavia), not far from the economic heart of the country: Milan. This strategic location allows SUPERNAP Italia to take advantage of excellent telecom infrastructure, complementing the existing colocation and telehouse facilities, rendering it more resilient at a national level. In addition, it benefits from close proximity to major highways and the main national and international airports.
SUPERNAP Italia is set to play a key role in developing the European digital economy; it will rank as one of the main strategic international facilities owed to its centrality in the Mediterranean area.
- Milan is the commercial & economic center of Italy
- Home to over 300,000 national and international businesses
- Excellent national and international transport links
- Excellent telecom infrastructure
- Siziano, a town to the South of Milan
- 9km from A1 and 10km from A7 main roads
- 20km from Linate Airport
- 70km from Malpensa Airport
- 30km from Milan Internet Exchange (MIX)
- Up to 42,000 square meters of data centre space with four data halls
- Up to 40 MW of power
- Proprietary tri-redundant UPS power system
- Up to 40 kilowatts of power per cabinet
- Multi-carrier colocation facility with redundant fibre paths to Caldera Campus
- Patented Switch SHIELD: dual independent roof decks rated to withstand 322kph winds
- 24/7 on-site NOC, fire, safety and security
- On-site, on-net member resources including conference spaces