INEX provides services to its members to assist them to exchange traffic with other members. Our services are as follows:
- Shared Peering LAN Services
- Primary Exchange LANs. The INEX primary peering exchange LANs are INEX's primary services. They consist of security protected shared ethernet VLANs operated across multiple switches in multiple different data centres located in the Dublin metropolitan area.
- VoIP Peering LAN. Currently in testing phase, INEX is hosting a trial VoIP exchange LAN to enable VoIP operators to exchange IP traffic over a network which is protected from the rest of the Internet.
- Closed User Groups. For members who require other shared service ethernet VLANs, INEX can create closed user groups, protected from the rest of the Internet and providing a secure basis for exchanging IP traffic.
- Port Connectivity. INEX provides ethernet connectivity to its switches at 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s, 1G/s and 10G/s. We support a variety of physical interface specifications depending on the specific situation:
|Interface Type||Cable Type||Max Distance||Notes|
|1000BaseTX||Cat5e UTP||100m||UTP connections are recommended default for gigabit ethernet|
|1000BaseLX||single mode||10km||Default specification for short-haul metro gigabit connections|
|10GBaseLR||single mode||10km||Default specification for short-haul metro 10G connections|
|10GBaseZR||single mode||40km||Long-haul metro 10G connection (installation fee applies)|
INEX works with various organisations in Ireland and internationally to assist with the development of the exchange and the Internet at a national and international level.